Sunday, June 30, 2013

Another life

Would I have been a writer in another life? I just got this realization since whenever I am free to imagine I tend to write feverishly, completely indifferent to the surroundings. Otherwise, I can never find a pen, let alone lift one. If it was the other way around, that writing let my imagination and happiness flow, I would perhaps have written more frequently. But since its not, I cant get myself to write. Along with other things, my inclination to write also seems to suffer from the banalities of daily existence.But the moment I get even a small escape from the daily grind, my freedom looks for self expression which gushes out in the form of writing. Given a choice I might have sung, but the govt informed me that sparrows are an endangered species.
All of us are attracted to some form of self expression. Is that what we really want to do?Say if there was a law tomorrow which frees everyone in the world from their daily routine and allows them to express themselves in their preferred way and then perpetuates that as their profession, would the world have been a better place? Social welfare would certainly go up, since the sum total of individual utilities is certain to be greater than before.
Anyways, that seems to be an entirely theoretical idea. But I have decided to go ahead and write anyways. Maybe there is a reverse causality hidden somewhere, who knows

No comments: